Saturday 25 April 2015

52 CCT Technique Challenge

Hello! Over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week we have a technique challenge. Louise has chosen Triple Time Stamping - a lovely technique that creates amazing effects. It does call for some precision stamping - not my strong point! At least you can always use a well-placed sentiment or embellishment to hide a multitude of sins though!
 
For my card I have used a stamp set by Clearly Besotted called Pretty Poinsettia. I stamped the larger flower with Sahara Sand and the smaller one in Real Red. I fussy-cut an additional ponsettia to add a bit of dimension. I also added some die-cut pine sprigs and painted the centres of the flowers and the pine needles with Cosmic Shimmer. I do hope you will join us this week over at 52CCT, April x

I'd also like to enter my card in Crafty Hazelnut's Challenge Extra.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your Ida of lifting one of the images out of the stamped background. I know what you mean about precision stamping... 4 times I started to make my card and something always seemed to go wrong! You, on the other hand, have done a fab job!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! It's a great technique, but this is my fourth attempt too!! I had left it until the last minute, so was in a right panic :-) Xx

      Delete
  2. love that you added dimension to your card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these poinsettia are just so beautiful, and I do like the way you've popped one up - gives great dimension. Lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great with the poinsettias and the added dimension is a great extra
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super classe April, les couleurs classiques et chic lui donne beaucoup d'élégance, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. The poinsettias are lovely! I agree with the others - the dimension of the extra fussy-cut one adds a wonderful finishing touch to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. Great job on adding the extra dimension of the poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.